Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#21159 - 26/10/2000 10:43 EQ save
Wire

Loc: Jylland, Denmark
Hi,

This is perhaps not a bug, but just me misunderstanding the EQ settings screen.

I mainly use the remote when in the EQ menu, and see the *-key as an escape from menu / go to menu key. The enter key is a jump into menu / confirm key.

So I navigate to the EQ menu, change some stuff, then decide the settings were better before, press * to escape from the mistake ... but the settings gets saved anyway.

Should this not only happen when I choose the SAVE option and press the enter key?

Lars

#21160 - 26/10/2000 14:30 Re: EQ save [Re: Wire]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The reason you can press * to get out of the EQ is so that you can do things like search for specific songs (to test against your current EQ setting), change the loudness and fader, etc.

Note that if you press *, the setting is NOT REALLY SAVED, it's just left as the "current" setting so you can muck about with it for a while. The setting will disappear as soon as you select a different equalizer preset. It only fully saves that preset when you really hit save.

It's actually quite an elegant design, considering that it works with only the four front-panel buttons.

#21161 - 27/10/2000 11:50 Re: EQ save [Re: tfabris]
Dylan
addict

Loc: Virginia, USA
It's actually quite an elegant design, considering that it works with only the four front-panel buttons.

I agree. I was impressed at how well the EQ UI worked with just the 4 buttons. I was expecting it to be much more cumbersome then it was. That being said, I would still like to be able to make adjustments and save/restore in emplode...

-Dylan

#21162 - 27/10/2000 16:01 Re: EQ save [Re: tfabris]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
The setting will disappear as soon as you select a different equalizer preset.

I thought it was only held in volitile memory so you could swap between presets but if the power is lost, so are the settings. When you save, they're stored on disc.
Changing the presets wont lose your changes to that EQ.

Is that right?

Murray 06000047

#21163 - 27/10/2000 16:32 Re: EQ save [Re: muzza]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Changing the presets wont lose your changes to that EQ. Is that right?

Nope.

I just tried it on my Mk1, and the behavior is exactly as I described it in the first post: If you hit "save", it's permanently saved. If you don't hit "save", you lose your changes as soon as you switch presets.

You will also lose changes after a power cycle unless you hit "save".