Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#21301 - 29/10/2000 19:38 User review
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
I've been using my Empeg-Mk2-Blue constantly since I received it, which is about a month. Signed on the back (handwritten no less) dated 9/29/00 and has no problems.

I usually tire quick of new things but haven't as of yet w/the Mk2, still playing and loading it almost constantly. Much like avatarTX my driving habits have changed.

I have never really had a problem loading songs (I use USB on a W98 box) and the like on it, have linked several songs to other playlists; no problem, I have playlists especially for morning drive, home drive, date drive, hard rock, remixes, etc. I have recently been getting into logo switching & creating thanks to tfabris's LogoEditor. I had thought about doing it anyway, D/L various files to do it, but until tfabris's program wasn't to sure about doing it, again no problems in uploading them.

OK the lack of tuner does get missed sometimes (please hurry on the tuners), Bob and Tom don't get much airplay w/me anymore.

The support of the Empeg both Empeg Ltd. and the users (tfabris,DiGNAN17 & the others) is fantastic. Instructions: I seem to learn more about things by fooling around w/them, and never managed to crash or mess up the Empeg. I just about mastered the remote while driving. This is probably the only BBS I've ever looked forward to reading, I learn a lot here as well.

I have never paid this amount of money for something like this before but it is a very unique product. I am NOT disappointed at all with my Mk2.

Excellent job guys and look forward to what next version has to offer.

#090000695 Mk2 BLUE 12Gig

#21302 - 02/11/2000 16:13 Re: User review [Re: jwickis]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
... look forward to what next version has to offer.

Let's just hope that it's not too soon. I would have to get one but i'm not sure i could afford it!!

#21303 - 02/11/2000 16:36 Re: User review [Re: muzza]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
I know what you mean, at the time of the post Empeg hadn't been taken over. Empeg had me as a loyal customer and primed for whatever came next.
Now I'm really curious as to what's next.

#090000695 Mk2 BLUE 12Gig