I finally talked myself into taking the plunge and my 12GB Blue MkII unit should be on its way (yippie!). I'm now preparing for the installation into my 1998 Ford Mustang GT convertible with the Mach 460 system along with a new Sony CDX-M750 receiver.

My plan is to use one of the accessory enable outputs of the receiver to drive the accessory sense input on the Empeg unit so that it is only turned on when the Sony is. The Sony has both an amp enable (.3A) and an antenna enable (.1A) for this purpose. The docs claim that the amp enable can only be used with an amplifier and that connecting to anything else could damage the unit. Does anybody know what the current draw of the Empeg accessory power input is? Will it be OK connected to the .1A output from the Sony?

Also, the Sony has a line input pair on the back that is labelled as being tied to the control bus. I'm guessing that means that it is only possible to use that input if a Sony device is used (and connected to the control input). Sony does make a device to allow an external input source to be used in conjunction with a CD changer or other bus device, but it costs $100 and provides extra functionality that I don't need. Is there any way to do get the line input working on this thing without that device?

And finally... I purchased the receiver from Crutchfield along with an OEM adapter to attach the whole thing to the factory outboard amp. However the OEM adapter is designed to take the speaker-level outputs from the receiver (and then attenuate them). I would guess that the amp takes a line level input signal (although I've read conflicting reports on this). If so, it doesn't make sense to amplify the output only to attenuate it since the receiver has 4V outputs. Is it possible to fully drive the factory amp with 4V levels?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

- Eric