Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221620 - 12/06/2002 22:12 Wireless Network+Rio
michaeljc
stranger

I have a Linksys wireless hub hooking together my 2 pcs. I want to add my Rio Receiver. I can't run the wiring to connect it to my Hub. I bought a Linksys WAP11 (Wireless Access Point). After calling them, they said it is only for PCS. I can't figure out how to get this working or configure it (or if this setup will work at all). Is this a workable solution? I even tried plugging the WAP into my hub to configure it, but with no luck. The documentation refers to using 2 WAPS as a brigde, but I figured since I have another Linksys Access Point (my hub/router), that would do the job.

#221621 - 13/06/2002 06:01 Re: Wireless Network+Rio [Re: michaeljc]
Fiddy
new poster

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
I believe what you're trying to do won't currently work. A few months ago I tried a similar setup (tried to setup a Linksys BEFW11S4 to talk to a WAP11) but found out that the 11S4 doesn't support the bridging option the way the WAP11s do. Supposedly this MAYbe fixed in a future firmware upgrade for the 11S4, but the Linksys guy I talked to had no idea when it would be released, and wasn't completely sure that they were going to release it.

My solution... just hook a WAP11 into my wired cable/dsl router and hook another WAP11 into the rio (using a cross-connect cable). Of course this solution is a little more expensive... Other people can suggest other vendors, Linksys is just the one that worked for me.

#221622 - 13/06/2002 12:35 Re: Wireless Network+Rio [Re: michaeljc]
Demon

I'm pretty sure there was some "aftermarket" firmware you could install on those Linksys WAPs to get them to act like a bridge. Do some google searching for works like "linksys bridge wap hack" and see if you can find anytyhing.

I don't have one, so I can't be of much use. I hope you find it though!

:d: