Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221623 - 14/06/2002 13:46 Select All Songs Starting With
michaeljc
stranger

I use my Rio through a whole house audio system. Even if you use it from the same room, the LCD is small. I would love to be able to say play all songs starting with "Ma" or all songs by artists starting with "Ma". This would be great because if I want songs by Mary J Blige and type in Search and then "Ma" and hit enter, I might actually get Madonna or Martika or etc. since I can't see who the first "Ma" is on the LCD. Then I could cycle through to the one I want by pressing next song.

#221624 - 14/06/2002 13:57 Re: Select All Songs Starting With [Re: michaeljc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Sounds like you want the alphanumeric search feature from the Rio Car player implemented on the Rio Receiver.

#221625 - 17/06/2002 07:14 Re: Select All Songs Starting With [Re: tfabris]
michaeljc
stranger

Also, the following scenario can happen from time to time: you have 3 songs with the same name. You type in the whole name in the search, but which on do you really want?? If you could have it play all of them, that would solve the problem.

#221626 - 17/06/2002 09:21 Re: Select All Songs Starting With [Re: michaeljc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you could have it play all of them, that would solve the problem.

Funny thing is, on the Car player, folks are complaining about that. When you do an alphanumeric search on the song title and you've got songs with the same name (I think I've got four songs on my player named "Mother"), it plays all of them (just like you said). Some of the car player owners are complaining because they want a sub-selection screen so you can see the individual details of each of the songs with the same title.

#221627 - 18/06/2002 09:11 Re: Select All Songs Starting With [Re: tfabris]
michaeljc
stranger

I guess if you can see the selections (like in a car where you are close), it might be preferable. But when you can't see the display, like on the Rio Receiver unless you are within 4 feet of it, the other way would be preferable. An option on both devices to let you choose which way it should work would make sense.