Here are features that would be nice to have in Rio Play:

- visual volume level indication (this could just be a number or a bar that changes when one alters the volume). I really dislike the way the original Rio client software would switch away to a new screen for this. There should be a way to show something like that in a readable format in the current screen. For example, rather than showing how many seconds one is into playing the current song, one could show a moving bar at the very bottom with large legible numbers indicating the current volume level. Similarly, this could be done for balance, treble, etc.

- vertical text scrolling: often it is the case that I have album names or song titles that are longer than the current display width. It would be nice if Rio Play would recognize that and vertically scroll the text automatically in order to show the full title. Ditto for text that comes from Shoutcast metadata (which I think you do, but I forget right now and I cannot test, as I am not at home playing with my Rio Receiver).

- “random play” and the ability to turn “repeat play” on or off using the buttons on the Rio Receiver (this is already on your to-do list). Would also be nice to see a graphical status as to which mode the player is currently in.

- support for icecast redirection (I noticed this in the Freeamp code, but didn’t see it in yours).

- ogg vorbis support (something I personally don’t use, yet, but would be neat to have). I suppose it would be ideal if the host system converted all sorts of formats on the fly to MP3, thereby preventing codec bloat on the Rio Receiver.

Here are some additional ideas for “eye candy”, though it is unlikely that anyone really looks at the Rio Receiver’s screen.

- eye candy: current time/date displayed

- eye candy: simple graphical visualization of music being played