Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222843 - 01/03/2003 12:34 Rio Receiver Quits Work at 5:00PM
Rock
stranger

I am using a new RIO Reciever on an HPNA Phonelink. The home network has 4 computers plugged into it plus the RIO. The RIO works beautifully untill about 5-6:00pm. At this point, it can no longer find the music server, and if the music server is found it can no longer find the artist. If it is playing a song list at this time, it starts playing the songs with longer and longer intermitent gaps and then eventually drops out completely. I have turned off all the computers but the server -- no change. I have relocated the Audio Receiver Manager and files to another computer -- no change.

Any ideas???

Please Someone Help!!!!

#222844 - 03/03/2003 08:20 Re: Rio Receiver Quits Work at 5:00PM [Re: Rock]
johann
stranger

Here's a random thought... Most home phone wiring will actually support 2 phones. I was having problems using my Rio/HPNA "on top" of my main phone line, so I just physically switched the wiring used by the HPNA to my unused "second line" of my phone wiring. An easy way to do this is to buy two second line converters (i think i've seen them in the phone section of places like Office Max)... this will work if you second line has been hooked up to the phone jacks. Most newer homes I believe do this.
Alternatively, you could pull the wall plate off and switch the wires to the second line yourself.

Hope this makes sense,
-j

#222845 - 04/03/2003 11:18 Re: Rio Receiver Quits Work at 5:00PM [Re: Rock]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
You are sure no automatic processes start up on your PC (virus checkers, windows update etc.)?

I had exactly what you described every friday evening due to antivirus doing a full disk check. Most annoying. Was yet another way to switch from windows to linux.