Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223414 - 01/08/2003 16:00 Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting
MercX
stranger

Hey guys, its my first time here but I figure this is the best place to post this.

I have a Dell rebranded receiver that used to work on my network just fine and then one day just stopped. I noticed that sometimes the link light doesn't light but on most occasions it does.

I don't understand the issue here at all. I called Tech support which was awful as all hell. Now my link light works just fine, but the machine never connects to the server. I don't see any info being transmitted when I watch the status lights on the hub, and when the machine finally comes back with the IP info it apparently does receive an address and what not from the DHCP server on my router.

Please help me figure this out because I can't. This is driving me nuts because it used to work and I can't figure out why it just stopped.

#223415 - 01/08/2003 22:50 Re: Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting [Re: MercX]
mmhere123456

Just more questions I guess, but they may help to clarify your situation...

Are you using 10/100 ethernet connectivity, or phoneline/HPNA?

Is there more than one DHCP provider on your network? I.e., are you running A.R.M. windoze server program and do you also have a firewall/NAT device that also does DHCP? Are any of your other [Linux/Windows] boxes configured to be DHCP servers?

Is it possible your wiring got chopped somehow? If you're using phone line, you might stick another phone/handset on there to verify connectivity. Otherwise, you might put another computer on the line if you're using Ethernet at the Rio site. Of course, the fact that your Rio presents a link-level light probly renders this question moot.

Do you think your server side stuff could be messed up? When I used the provided ARM server, I noticed that the Rio Receiver often could not connect without rebooting the PC on which ARM runs. It was not enough to restart the ARM application, I had to reboot the entire PC.

Those are a few questions; I'm sure others will have more...

#223416 - 02/08/2003 06:19 Re: Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting [Re: mmhere123456]
MercX
stranger

>>Just more questions I guess, but they may help to >>clarify your situation...

>>Are you using 10/100 ethernet connectivity, or >>phoneline/HPNA?

10/100 Ethernet

>>Is there more than one DHCP provider on your network? >>I.e., are you running A.R.M. windoze server program and >>do you also have a firewall/NAT device that also does >>DHCP? Are any of your other [Linux/Windows] boxes >>configured to be DHCP servers?

Nope.

>>Is it possible your wiring got chopped somehow? If >>you're using phone line, you might stick another >>phone/handset on there to verify connectivity. >>Otherwise, you might put another computer on the line if >>you're using Ethernet at the Rio site. Of course, the >>fact that your Rio presents a link-level light probly >>renders this question moot.

Nope wiring not chopped changed places on the network where the connection is known to work and I get the same response.

>>Do you think your server side stuff could be messed up? >>When I used the provided ARM server, I noticed that the >>Rio Receiver often could not connect without rebooting >>the PC on which ARM runs. It was not enough to restart >>the ARM application, I had to reboot the entire PC.

Nope server side isn't messed up. I have two Rio Receivers and the other one still works. They both used to work before but now only the one does. I have ARM version 1.03. Maybe that is the problem. Anyone know where I can get 1.04?

>>Those are a few questions; I'm sure others will have >>more...

#223417 - 04/08/2003 08:28 Re: Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting [Re: MercX]
hipped1
journeyman

If it is really a rebranded Dell unit, I've found that 1.04 is required for mine to work. Once I installed, its been very stable.

#223418 - 04/08/2003 13:28 Re: Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting [Re: hipped1]
mmhere123456

I thought all the Dell rebranded units came with 1.04 firmware preloaded?

#223419 - 04/08/2003 13:40 Re: Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting [Re: mmhere123456]
hipped1
journeyman

The 1.04 version I referred to was for the server side software on the PC, the Audio Receiver Manager v1.04.

#223420 - 05/08/2003 07:33 Re: Dell Rebranded Receiver stopped connecting [Re: hipped1]
MercX
stranger

Thanks so much for the updated software. All seems to be working fine now.

You have saved me a lot of hassle. I was to the point where I was about to put this thing through a wall.

Thanks a bunch hipped1.