Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223714 - 22/09/2003 07:44 Jreceiver and Windows XP/lrg collection workaround
Jemmi

OK... after wasting nearly 8 hours yesterday working on this... I need help. I have an almost 31,000 song collection (and YES I have bought MOST of them). Well, I finally got Trio working on an HPNA setup with the ARM 1.04 server and was SO happy to be able to listen to the shoutcast broadcasts. But then recently I have been trying to listen to my MP3 collection... well, that's when I discovered that there was one certain artist that would not play. I did not understand... SO started checking and checking. Then found out it was not just one, but ALL after a certain letter (I do not know which... I know "J" was working yesterday). So I started troubleshooting... went back to ARM by itself... problem still there. SO then I started reading and found that the problem is ARM itself and its handling of large libraries. So yesterday I set out to install Jreceiver... then was wanting to get it to work with Trio. After 5 hours (the install directions for Jreceiver and Windows are HORRIBLE... luckily I have some hacking ability... but still took me FOREVER to get it to work as I was trying to work off the instructions and then ran into trying to interpret the linux instructions and get that to Windows. Well... I finally got Jreceiver going and it streams to Winamp. Then I set out to get it by itself working with the Rio Receiver (no Trio yet). I got NOWHERE. The instructions are VERY not clear as to how or where to boot the rio from. I tried the display server patched version, the Rio boot version... got NOWHERE. The directions say to create a "tftpboot" directory but do not say where... and tell you to put the static IP of the player as a sub directory in the "tftpboot" directory... problem is I'm using the DHCP system of my wireless router (SMC system). SO it constantly assigns a new IP every boot of the RIO... So another issue. Anyway, neglecting Trio in the situation, I cannot get the RIO to find the server software and in essence it will not boot. I tried both the HPNA system and regular network cable from the router. I got nowehere. FInally I put the old server back on and left it alone... at least I could listen to the radio...

OK, HOW can I get jreceiver and the rio communicating? Where does that directory need to go? How do I get around not having a static IP for the 2 players I have? Will Jreceiver work with the HPNA system? WHat about Trio and Jreceiver? ANy help/advice would be great as I'm lost... I mean, Jreceiver is working now and I do not need to reinstall it... but I need Trio working with it... and I need the Rio Receiver to work with them both? Or do I just need to figure out a workaround with the current ARM/Trio setup to have access to a majority of my collection? If a workaround, any suggestions? (I have my collection on an external USB hard drive and have it formatted artist\album\track number-title with no playlists)

Can Anyone help?

Jemmi

#223715 - 22/09/2003 08:36 Re: Jreceiver and Windows XP/lrg collection workaround [Re: Jemmi]
hipped1
journeyman

Jemmi,

I am running Windows XP home on my music server, have a 2 wire router that also bridges ethernet to HPNA, and have 5 Rios connected via HPNA.

I couldn't figure out the phase 2 install of Jreceiver, so I skipped it altogether and did the following. 1) Got Jreceiver sever side working (able to start the Jreceiver java web applet). 2) Installed Trio per instructions and set the server settings in the XML file to Jreceiver - not ARM 3) Left ARMv104 running and this seems to work fine. When I reboot the music server, ARM starts automatically, then I have to manually start jreceiver, then start Trio.

Mark

#223716 - 22/09/2003 10:46 Re: Jreceiver and Windows XP/lrg collection workaround [Re: hipped1]
Jemmi

I will try this when I get home tonight... so you're using the Trio version of the receiver.arf file, right? So players boot up looking for Trio and then Trio will use the Jreceiver database to load all... Is this correct? I'll try it... I SO hope it works...

#223717 - 22/09/2003 11:52 Re: Jreceiver and Windows XP/lrg collection workaround [Re: Jemmi]
hipped1
journeyman

Yes, I am using the Trio version of the receiver.arf file.

#223718 - 23/09/2003 07:31 Re: Jreceiver and Windows XP/lrg collection workaround [Re: Jemmi]
Jemmi

Thanks... that worked perfectly