Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224498 - 28/01/2004 09:14 Jrec Scanning
camell0
stranger

Loc: TX
hey everyone ... 1st post! please be kind! lol ...

i've been successful in configuring jrec and trio to serve music to my Rio. And I'm getting the hang of how to use Jrec to create playlists using the dynamic playlist feature.

I ran into a problem with some lists not finding all the tunes for a particular artist. It didn't matter if I used mfile.filname or artist.name ... all tunes weren't being selected.

That's when it clicked! My database prolly didn't load 'em during the scan. I went to a command prompt and did some selects within mysql ... and sure enuf. it wasn't finding all my tunes. I cleared the db, re-ran the scan. Same result.

Does anyone know why the Jrec scanner will not pick up every single .mp3 file its scans thru? While the scan was working, I looked at the Jrec dos box and saw lots of 'frame size too large' messages. But I think that had something to do with the id3 tags. I hope some of you can help!

OH! And is there more documentation on how to use jrec ... like a user manual or anything? The install docs were great, but I need a user guide now.

#224499 - 28/01/2004 11:18 Re: Jrec Scanning [Re: camell0]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I looked at the Jrec dos box and saw lots of 'frame size too large' messages. But I think that had something to do with the id3 tags. I hope some of you can help!

If your ID3 tags have a bunch of useless crap in them, such as album cover art images or extra long comment tags, then I could see this potentially happening. Use a third-party tag editing tool such as MP3 Tag Studio to strip useless data out of the tags.

#224500 - 02/02/2004 09:56 Re: Jrec Scanning [Re: tfabris]
camell0
stranger

thanks Tony!
I've spent the last few days combing thru my collection and setting tags, renaming files and getting everything in order using the utiliy you mentioned. Great tool!

I've gotten rid of those 'frame size' error messages too, but I'm still not able to see some songs in my database.

For instance:
the dynamic playlist query for artist.name like 'Thiev%' picks up only 4 of the 5 albums. Does anyone have an idea as to why it would skip over the 3rd of 5 album/directories? It also wont pick up any Beastie Boys titles.

OH .. .also .. can anyone tell me how to view my log? I've set the simple logging properties to 'debug' ... and from my understanding, it is written to system.err But for the life of me, I cant figure out how to see this log. Pointers anyone?

#224501 - 02/02/2004 11:51 Re: Jrec Scanning [Re: camell0]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Well, my reply was only intended to deal with the "Frame size too large" error messages. (An ID3V2 tag is considered a frame usually.) Not sure what's causing your other problems.

#224502 - 02/02/2004 16:07 Re: Jrec Scanning [Re: tfabris]
camell0
stranger

thats cool ... thanks for the tips tho .. know of any other jrec user support site?

#224503 - 02/02/2004 16:47 Re: Jrec Scanning [Re: camell0]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland

#224504 - 04/02/2004 08:04 Re: Jrec Scanning [Re: Jerz]
camell0
stranger

doy! :slapsforehead: i knew that ... i'm even registered there too! hehe ... sooo many forums ...

thanks again guys.