Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224833 - 15/05/2004 20:37 Receiver boots half way
Speedy
new poster

Loc: California
A friend gave me his broken Rio receiver. It boots up half way, and gets to the screen "Searching for music server." Eventually it times out and then displays the IP and gateway. They are correct, it is connected to my 192.168.1.xxx subnet.

I also have two other Rio receivers in my home that operate just fine.

So it seems it is not loading the "second" kernel? Any ideas what may have gone wrong? I am thinking the next step could be to connect up the serial port to get a console.

He said it died after he tried to load a different ARF file. I'm not sure how this could affect the unit but something has happened.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ryan

#224834 - 16/05/2004 20:21 Re: Receiver boots half way [Re: Speedy]
riocanada

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Are you using just the stock Rio software or are you using tRio or jreceiver, etc?

As to .ARFs an example of one combination that will no work is the rebadged Dell will only work with the 1.04 Rio version of the .arf file.

#224835 - 25/05/2004 08:27 Re: Receiver boots half way [Re: riocanada]
dbrower
Quiet One

Another thing to do is to look at what is being sent on the wire by using the "ethereal" packet sniffer. It will tell you where you are without needing to poke into the rio. Ethereal is free and downloadable for Windows and Linux. You need two packages -- ethereal itself, and
the packet capture library it runs on, PCAP.

-dB