Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#22557 - 17/11/2000 06:36 Home mounted sled
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
I just received my extra MK II sled and I dutifully mounted it under my desk at work and hooked it up to a 12V computer power supply I saved from the garbage heap.

I have a question on the hookup.

I hooked the memory and the ign sense wires together. This seemed to cause a problem as I could never get my Empeg to shut down properly. I would push and hold the top button until it went on standby, but when the player started back up it didn't remember where it had left off. I decided that I probably needed to disconnect the ign sense wire and put a switch in, but I then noticed that the fuse on the memory wire had blown.

I don't know if that was caused by hooking the ign sense and memory wires up together or by some unseen short while I was hooking all of this up.

Any suggestions?

thanks

John

#22558 - 17/11/2000 10:37 Re: Home mounted sled [Re: jwtadmin]
bmihulka
enthusiast

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Hooking up the memory and ign sense together should not cause any problems. If you just pull the unit out without shutting down does it remember the correct position? Does it still operate correctly in the car? If not there could be a possibility of some hardware fault, and you should contact empeg. I'm not sure why your memory fuse would be blown, I would assume that it happend while you were hooking something up. If I remember correctly, if you only hook up ign sense the unit should still work and just act like the MkI.

Brian

-See my empeg here-

-See my empeg <a href="www.hulkster.net/empeg" target="_blank">here</a>-

#22559 - 17/11/2000 13:14 Hey... The same thing's happening to mine in car. [Re: jwtadmin]
NetworkError
new poster

Well... I just emailed Empeg a minute ago because I'm getting the same sort of thing in my car. (It's like it's on pot, acts funny and has no memory.) Another odd thing about mine, it's only showing the 2 channell EQ. I thought it had a 4 channell EQ in the car. All my in-house EQ presets are listed. All well... Whatever. Let me know if you get it firugred out.

#22560 - 18/11/2000 12:59 Re: Hey... The same thing's happening to mine in car. [Re: NetworkError]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
Pop the empeg ( mk2 ) in the car, and see if you have the options for dimmer and fader - if not I suggest you get in touch with the chaps at empeg.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 18gig Red S/No.341

#22561 - 19/11/2000 07:01 Re: Home mounted sled [Re: jwtadmin]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
Uh could'nt you just remove the black rx connector of the sled and use the AC adapter and audio hookups as in home setup?
I don't really remember how the back of the sled looks but seems this could be done and the proper cutouts could be preformed to allow access to the home connections; audio,power, etc.

#090000695 Mk2 BLUE 12Gig

#22562 - 20/11/2000 13:41 Re: Home mounted sled [Re: jwtadmin]
NetworkError
new poster

Checked options in the car... Looks just like it does when it's plugged in in the house. The ONLY differance I can see is the splash screen. Othere than that, the EQ, presets, ect.. all the in-house stuff. Emailed tech support last friday. No response yet... Suggestions, complaints, threats... all are welcome. Thanks
-The NetworkError

#22563 - 22/11/2000 08:50 Re: Home mounted sled [Re: NetworkError]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
What ID at empeg did you email ?

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 18gig Red S/No.341