Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#227822 - 19/07/2004 18:04 Playlist Support (Emplode 2.11)
K.Ellern
new poster

Hi Guys,

It's been something like 2 years since I've changed the content in my RioCar player. I've been trying to make some changes now and running into troubles.

As I recall I could make m3u playlists in something like Windows Media Player or Mood Logic, then drag and drop the .m3u file from explorer into the playlist area of emplode, and it would bring the playlist and it's content into the player on sync. For some reason this isn't working.

Yes, I selected "import m3u's" and "follow windows shortcuts". Emplode looks like it wants to accept the file (+ sign) but on dropping the file in the playlist section it doesn't acknowledge.

Interestingly, if I drag and drop a Mood Logic playlist directly from Mood Logic it will take the content on sync, but not the playlist itself.

I'm thinking the problem might be in my windows (win2k) environment rather than Emplode. It's got to be something obvious but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any advice!

~k

#227823 - 19/07/2004 19:01 Re: Playlist Support (Emplode 2.11) [Re: K.Ellern]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You were never able to create hierarchical playlists from M3Us, only add tracks that were linked by M3Us.

To create hierarchical playlist trees, you do this. If you want to do a really big synch where you make sure all the tunes on the car player are updated, you do this, but it takes some planning and forethought.

Note that I recommend turning off the import M3U/Shortcuts features because if you're not careful it can cause this problem.

#227824 - 19/07/2004 20:03 Re: Playlist Support (Emplode 2.11) [Re: tfabris]
K.Ellern
new poster

Ah, well thanks for the confirmation. I did the "rtfm" thing but thought I was missing something.

I sat for about a half day dragging and dropping... dragging and dropping... for some reason my memory has a byte devoted to "Yes, you can do it". Product of chemical entertainment, I'm sure.

#227825 - 19/07/2004 21:09 Re: Playlist Support (Emplode 2.11) [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Quote:
You were never able to create hierarchical playlists from M3Us
Untrue. A long time ago, I had my on-PC mp3s organized in a Artist/Album/Track.mp3 structure, and included a .m3u file for each album. (I forget now if it was at the same level as the mp3s or on the same level with the albums.) When I dragged-and-dropped that playlist structure, I got multiple Album playlists because of the m3u files. I can't say if it supported m3us within m3us (I don't think so, but I didn't have any), but they were definitely hierarchical in a way, and did definitely create playlists for each m3u file.

#227826 - 20/07/2004 06:53 Re: Playlist Support (Emplode 2.11) [Re: wfaulk]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I can't say if it supported m3us within m3us

It didn't/doesn't. This is what Tony means by heirarchical M3Us.