Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#228264 - 01/08/2004 05:11 Re: And for my 5,000th post... Announcing emphatic v2.00 and lrcDB! [Re: genixia]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Would you like me to add some ioctls for bass and treble?

Cool. And while you're in there, any way to make them work directly on the DSP's bass and treble controls, rather than stealing two EQ bands for the job?

#228265 - 01/08/2004 15:45 Re: And for my 5,000th post... Announcing emphatic v2.00 and lrcDB! [Re: tfabris]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Yeah, that is imminent. The fact that auto_eq uses all 10 bands has given it a new impetus.

#228266 - 01/08/2004 15:52 Re: And for my 5,000th post... Announcing emphatic v2.00 and lrcDB! [Re: genixia]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Oh goody.

Did you ever figure out what the frequency centers and Q's were on your two hijacked EQ bands? If you did, and told me, forgive me.

Because my current "dialed-in" EQ is heavily dependent on your Bass and Treble settings at the moment. I really like that particular pair of settings and want to actually use them for "base" EQ positions on those two bands and *then* apply your new DSP-direct bass and treble as on-the-fly temporary adjustments to those base settings. (more bass when on a noisy highway for example, less treble when I have passengers in the back seat, that sort of thing).

If I knew the Q and frequency of your hijacked bands, I could then dial those in as regular EQ bands, you see...

#228267 - 04/08/2004 00:05 Re: And for my 5,000th post... Announcing emphatic v2.00 and lrcDB! [Re: tonyc]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
As mentioned over in the Programming forum, emphatic v2.01is out. In the interest of keeping the emphatic discussion centralized, (and also in the interest of getting my rather self-indulgent thread out of everyone's way) I'm going to de-stickify this thread. Please keep emphatic stuff in the aforementioned Programming thread.

Also, another quick plug for lrcDB, which now has over 1,100 songs, and is growing faster each day.

And, oh yeah, there was a a very major release of the SYLT Winamp Plugin today, so go get that, too.

#228268 - 04/08/2004 22:08 Re: And for my 5,000th post... Announcing emphatic v2.00 and lrcDB! [Re: mlord]
tman
carpal tunnel

Changing the scripts and adding nocheck to the mount options speeds it up significantly. Does mean messing around editing the scripts. More convienent if you're connected via telnet or serial though

#228269 - 09/08/2004 22:54 Re: crash [Re: tonyc]
kday
new poster

Loc: Boston, MA
Quote:
Quote:

Oops! Music FID ffffffff1 not found!

I might be mistaken, but I think this happens if you don't have "notify=1" in your [output] section of the config.ini. Of course, my install script should do this for you, but it doesn't, because I forgot. That will be fixed in the next release.

Is that the problem? If you do in fact have notify=1 in there, then I'll have to investigate further.

Yeah, that's it. Seems to be working now that I added notify=1. Thanks.

One of the reasons I looked into Emphatic is to see if you discovered a way to hook into the player menu system. Can you take a look at this thread
and give me your opinion? It appears to me that Emphatic just gets out of the way when the player menu is entered, and has no knowledge beyond that the menu is active.
(sorry for the thread hijack!)

#228270 - 10/08/2004 00:05 Re: crash [Re: kday]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
It appears to me that Emphatic just gets out of the way when the player menu is entered, and has no knowledge beyond that the menu is active.
(sorry for the thread hijack!)

Well, sorta. emphatic does just "get out of the way" when you select the player menu from within. I don't have any "hooks" into what menu items are selected. The best I can sometimes do is select a specifc menu item on behalf of the user. An example of this is when you switch display modes, and emphatic switches visuals for you. This was no easy task, either, but I managed to come up with a kooky but reasonably reliable way to walk the menu structure, assuming I know exactly what menu item I'm going for in advance.

It seems like what you want is basically a representation of the player menu on some external display, and the ability to navigate that reliably with an external input device. I don't think emphatic is going to be the ticket to that. Unless I came up with some way of screen-scraping the player menu itself, which is way too tedious for something that wouldn't really help many other people out.

Have you found the external display threads in the Projects forum yet? A few people were working on a microcontroller of some type that would drive a graphical external display, and show an *actual* copy of the player screen on it (or some subset of it.) Do some searches, that seems more like what you want. But if you're dead set on using your character-based display, I'm not sure what the solution is.

#228271 - 10/08/2004 02:32 Re: crash [Re: tonyc]
kday
new poster

Loc: Boston, MA

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3