Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#231 - 23/07/1999 09:13 Menus and Visuals
jwilliams
new poster

I was wondering if anyone had any idea about how the menu on the Empeg works? Accessing hundreds of songs can get tricky especially when they are divided into many different playlists. Can you select songs by number and/or letter? Also does anyone have any up close pictures of the different visuals the Empeg can produce (Hugo)?

Thanks

#232 - 24/07/1999 07:56 Re: Menus and Visuals [Re: jwilliams]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Currently it's just playlist selection - coming shortly is search of the database by artist/title (using the telephone-keypad style letters on the remote). You'll also be able to assign PINs to favourite songs/playlists for instant access.

We don't really have any pics of the visuals - they wouldn't give you much of an idea anyway, a lot of them (eg the plasmas) have to be seen animated - static pictures don't convey it very well. Currently (we're adding more) there's a 3d solid cube with faces that change with different frequency bands and it gets bigger with bass, a selection of spectrum analysers (up to 128 band with peak hold), oscilliscope, and 4 or 5 plasma effects which are a bit hard to describe :)

Hugo

#233 - 24/07/1999 08:42 Re: Menus and Visuals [Re: altman]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Will the software development "kit" be available when the unit first ships ?

Number 330 in the queue...

#234 - 24/07/1999 09:33 Re: Menus and Visuals [Re: andy]
altman
carpal tunnel

Not at first shipping time, no - we've just not had enough time :(

Hugo

#235 - 24/07/1999 10:04 Re: Menus and Visuals [Re: altman]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Are you going to make available the source to any GPL code that you have used ?
I know this is not much use to anyone until we have the SDK, but I suspect you will attract some criticism from some parties if you don't
(me, I just want you to ship as soon as possible...)

Number 330 in the queue...

#236 - 25/07/1999 17:49 Re: Menus and Visuals [Re: andy]
altman
carpal tunnel

The only GPL stuff is the linux kernel mods, and these are already available in the SA1100 linux patches - Nico rolled them into the latest release. I think it's ftp.cam.org/users/nico - you need linux source, then patch it up with the correct arm-linux patchset, then patch it up with the SA1100 patchset.

Hugo