Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#231002 - 18/08/2004 05:37 Awesome photography
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA
I couldn't find a post mentioning this before, but even if it has been, it's worth another look. Just some awesome KAP shots. Check out the panoramas too.

Kite Aerial Photography
ricin.us

#231003 - 18/08/2004 09:45 Re: Awesome photography [Re: ricin]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
That is really amazing! I wonder how hard it would be to get into this with a cheaper camera and more simple setup.

#231004 - 18/08/2004 13:52 Re: Awesome photography [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
g_attrill
old hand

Loc: Hants, UK
I've been planning to use one of my Dakota cameras just for this kind of thing. Wire up the shutter to a relay with a 555 timer on the end and you are done!

Attaching it to some kind of lightweight platform and tethering it in two places as this chap does would also be a good idea.

Clearly you aren't going to get the fantastic shots like his, but they are certainly unique and cheaper than hiring a plane or helicopter!

I think he must be using some kind of kite-eating tree repellant. There is no way I could hook up expensive equipment to an expensive kite and get away with it.#

edit: My word! Those 360 panoramas are stunning! Consider the other options to get photos like that and I think the kite methods beat them all hands down in every aspect! All you need is wind...

Gareth

#231005 - 18/08/2004 16:40 Re: Awesome photography [Re: g_attrill]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I've met that guy over in Berkeley before. Nice guy. Amazing stuff.

You should see the Kite Aerial VIDEO i'm starting to do. I've only run one test on one of my traction kites using my helmetcam and it came out pretty kick ass. Once i have a free second i'm going to work on a more stable rig since the one i have swings around the kiteline like a pendulum (which give a pretty cool if not sickening effect). I'll be hooking it to the actual kite shortly there after to film some board jumps and buggy action.