Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#23734 - 13/12/2000 17:58 EMPEG CAR INSTALL HELP!!
sfmadmax
new poster

Hello THere,

I have been currently all over the website.. and i'm thinking of buying a mp3 player for my car and this seems to be the way to go... Well i just bought a new reciever for my car the PANASONIC 900U... 600 dollar face with center speaker and what not.. And it has 1 AUX .. so i'm figuring i can hook up the empeg to it.. ?? ANyone in the same current situation....?? Did it work.. I already have 1 Amp for my stereo.. so i'll need another one for the Empeg.. I drive a 86 Acura.. and it was a regualr slot for your stereo.. and then another slot right in front of the stick shift.. Integra's in the late 8-'s had equilizers in em.. so i guess i can stick the empeg in that little slot there.. i measured and it fits the requirements... But how easy is install.??? same as a regular car cd player??? let me know...

#23735 - 13/12/2000 18:04 Re: EMPEG CAR INSTALL HELP!! [Re: sfmadmax]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You should be able to use the aux ins (or line outs) on the CD player just fine. If you do this, then you shouldn't need to buy another amplifier unless you want to add more speakers.

Look under the FAQ section of this BBS under the heading "What are the most common installation problems?" to find out what to look out for when installing.

#23736 - 14/12/2000 14:42 Re: EMPEG CAR INSTALL HELP!! [Re: tfabris]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
.. and don't shout so loud, you almost woke everybody...

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015