Hi.

Well, I have been thinking about the tuner kits and the best way forward. I have spend an obscene amount of money on purchasing 200 tuner modules, with great difficulty, and I don't think I am likely to get any more. So, this batch will be the last.

I have been producing the kits in batches of 25 or less, for reasons explained elsewhere. However, after much though, I have decided to do the next lot as a batch of 100. I have a new set of PCBs on order, which should be here in a week or so, and have also acquired a couple of hundred of the MAX4544 chips which are the other component that has had supply issues in the past.

I will be ordering the other components this week, and when they arrive, intend to spend a couple of weeks doing nothing but boxing up tuner kits. This amount should clear the current queue.

I have been finding that people are taking, in some cases, many weeks if not a month or more to respond to the tuner payment request when it is sent out. This causes a lot of problems, essentially tying up kits until they respond or I finally give up. I will now be applying a policy of allowing 1 week for the response, assuming the email hasn't bounced or failed for some reason. If the customer doesn't respond within that week, I will immediately offer the kit to the next in line. Note that this does not mean I have cancelled that order. If the person in question contacts me later, I will put them back into the queue at the current position. This seems like the fairest way to get through the queue as fast as possible.

pac