Always looking out for Rio market share and advertising in their battle against the iPod market saturation. I was glad to see the Carbon sharing a huge color front page spread on a Wall Street Journal inside section today. It was sharing the space with the little Nomad (which I didn't know existed) and the Dell.

I only read the bit on the front page, but it told me:
- People like the iPod mini because it comes in 5 colors. So, competitors are ramping up their style.

- People like the iPod mini because they only need the small space and like the price. High capacity players may dwindle to an enthusiasts' market.

- And the headline, something like "Mini's competition, but they're hard to use". Does Carbon not share empeg's ellegant simplicity?

One day I'll have to spend some time and compare an iPod to a Rio HDD portable to see what it's all about. Until then, I keep watching for more Rio advertising to help battle the iPod tidal wave.