Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#246568 - 15/01/2005 05:42 Replacing the display on my Receiver but....
time
enthusiast

Loc: Pacific Northwest
I need to know which lead on the display board power pins is the + and which is the -. The original display did not have color coded wires, but the replacement does. Which is which?

The haeader on the board (JP2) is coded with round & square pin's but I have no idea which is which. Any one with access to the schematics or knowledge care to share?

thanks,
Tim

#246569 - 17/01/2005 15:10 Re: Replacing the display on my Receiver but.... [Re: time]
time
enthusiast

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Never mind--it is an AC connection (~180v). Duh, I put a meter on it and everything became clear. The polarity of the "replacement" display leads threw me. I tried it all the same and the original display worked more/less fine. There were some loose connections where the ribbon cable connects to the display board and caused this problem here... Fiddling with it I thought it had been resolved, but by the time I got it reassembled, I still can't count on it to display reliably. It's OK as I'm going to use it remotely.

I was encouraged by my success with Tony T's (not our Tony) xPLRio.net and it's ability to support >2500 titles or whatever that limit is.., and by it's ability to sync with other player, but mostly by its ability to be controled by a web interface. This will allow me to use this unit from a remote location and still control it whether the display works or not.