Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#246829 - 18/01/2005 12:34 Commercial mapping service that does route optimization
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
I am doing some contract work and the company I'm working for wants a feature integrated in their product that does route optimization. So for instance, if given a set of addresses in the U.S. (or possible internationally later), and a start point it would tell the driver to go to this address, this address etc.. and then back to the start point in the optimal order. I realize this is the infamous "travelling salesman problem"- but is there any mapping services anyone knows about that will solve these kind of problems?

#246830 - 18/01/2005 21:08 Re: Commercial mapping service that does route optimization [Re: siberia37]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
I know that there are some consumer mapping software programs that claim to be able to optimize a route w/as many as 99 waypoints, but I take it you're looking for something more corporate-oriented, robust, and fully supported (ever try to call M$ about MapPoint? HA!)?