I have a problem playing (or even selecting, perhaps) tracks whose names have certain characters. At least, this is what I think the issue is. What happens is that I'll select a track (so far, it's happened selecting via title, artist, album, and playlist) and then I'll just get the little clock icon on RioPlay, ie, it's waiting or something. It'll just sit there perpetually.

Are there certain characters that should not be in filenames (this would obviously only apply to JReceveiver, I would think, since it's the only one touching files)? Otherwise, are there characters that shouldn't be in tags, or that either RioPlay or the Rio itself somehow can't handle? Perhaps characters that don't get escaped properly during transmission???

In my playlist filenames, I've got the following characters: " [ ] ( ). In track filenames, I've got the following: " [] () ;. In addition to those already listed, track titles sometimes include ':'. Artist names sometimes include () when I'm telling what instrument a certain performer is using, for example.

Any thougts? Thanks!