Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#251082 - 04/03/2005 04:17 omnifi?
lastdan
enthusiast

Loc: santa cruz,ca
not sure this allowed.
there's some kinda drive based mp3 thingy for the auto and home on woot right now.
it started at 10pm california time 3-3-05
for all I know this is junk.
I'm going to install one for a saab owner soon, if anyone cares I'll write again with comments.

#251083 - 04/03/2005 04:43 Re: omnifi? [Re: lastdan]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I looked into that device on-line at least and it didn't look too promising.

They used to have a forum on their website that pretty much consisted of people whining about features, problems with the wifi, and delays with some promised new device that was supposed to replace the omnifi you are linking to.

If you do install one I would be interested in hearing more about it. I already decided the hell with it, ripped out the factory stuff and installed the empeg but it would still be interesting to hear how this device works.

Matt

#251084 - 16/04/2005 14:44 Re: omnifi? [Re: msaeger]
max_roam
new poster

Quote:
If you do install one I would be interested in hearing more about it..

I broke down and bought one from woot. I would like to sync between the empeg (using a game adapter) and the mobile onmifi unit. right now it looks like I'll need a PC with the empeg mounted as a drive, then send the songs to the dmp1. If I could only find a way to run twonkyvision on the mpeg.... (hint, hint)