Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#251200 - 06/03/2005 19:22 Grind, Grind, Grind......
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Heh heeeyy, it's that time again folks - the Rumour mill begins it's labours!

This year's 6th empeg Owner's meet in Amersfoort, NL is already shaping up to be the all-time best. With Special Guests, Eye-Popping Kit, Big Prizes and Special Events, it can't fail to be the empeg community event of the year!

With an early kickoff on the Friday, following extended imbibing of a Special Recipe empeg Owner's meet Beer, there's a special selection of food going begging at Meneer Pastoor/De Kluijf - including a few unexpected culinary surprises!

On the Saturday night at the BBS (as well as ribs), there's going to be a special 6th event Anniversary Surprise which you just don't want to miss - but even if you do, negotiations are underway for broadband video coverage of the goings on. But hey - why not just be there yourself and enjoy it in person?

At the Sunday night Farewell meal, we'll be going to the local China Palace restaurant, which now has to be one of the best Chinese restaurants in NL. They are preparing a special empeg menu, including a never-before-event-only dish that they are going to be working on in the next few weeks - just for the empeg owners meet!

To round off what is surely going to be the all-time best empeg user's meet, there's going to be a new happening on the Monday morning, a specially cooked Full English Breakfast cooked by Yours Truly - reservations only, please! In addition, as well as head chef responsibilities, I will be doing a limited number of repairs to players, and will accept major repair work during the morning and afternoon before everyone departs for the late afternoon ferries.

There's going to be a reservation form available soon, so watch this space, people - start your planning for what has to be the best empeg event of the year (TM) !

P.S. I heard a rumour - from a little bird - that there might be something special at the event on the Saturday that will interest every dedicated empeg owner - Be There or Be Square, folks!

STOP PRESS: Pyrotechnics and Loud Whooshing Noises are now on the agenda for Saturday!

Edited by schofiel (07/03/2005 10:00)

#251201 - 06/03/2005 19:47 Re: Grind, Grind, Grind...... [Re: schofiel]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Quote:
With Special Guests

We're all special, we're Empeggers!

#251202 - 06/03/2005 23:20 Re: Grind, Grind, Grind...... [Re: schofiel]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Quote:
a specially cooked Full English Breakfast cooked by Yours Truly - reservations only, please!

I'm glad I'm not leaving until Tuesday!

#251203 - 07/03/2005 06:15 Re: Grind, Grind, Grind...... [Re: schofiel]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Quote:
On the Saturday night at the BBQ (as well as ribs)

Am I right in assuming that the BBQ will be happening at the hotel again ?

#251204 - 08/03/2005 14:09 Re: Grind, Grind, Grind...... [Re: andy]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Yes, it looks like the hotel will be running it again - but there will be a few changes. Hopefully, we will also be able to get a broadband link on the day.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#251205 - 08/03/2005 14:42 Re: Grind, Grind, Grind...... [Re: schofiel]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Great. I know I've never been to the event when it wasn't mainly at the hotel, but I do much prefer the plan where my hotel room is only a few short stumbles from the party...

#251206 - 20/03/2005 23:45 Re: Grind, Grind, Grind...... [Re: schofiel]
Dviant
new poster

Not to go completely OT, but am I the only one who first thought Schofiel was actually gonna say something regarding a dying disk drive?!?

::and now back to you regularly scheduled thread::