Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#252355 - 23/03/2005 01:18 Blast from the past
teknubic
stranger

Hey, Guys
If you don't remember me, here is my first post on RioCentral. I've been gone a long time but now I'm back to learn and hopefully contribute (if you others don't beat me to it).
I'm glad to see that this site is still up and going and I see some familliar faces; glad you're still around.
So, what have I missed?

#252356 - 26/03/2005 18:35 Re: Blast from the past [Re: teknubic]
teknubic
stranger

Wow. 34 views and no replies. I guess no one remembers me so I'll re-introduce myself.
Hello, everyone. I'm teknubic. I purchased my RADAC from eBay. I had problems with it slowing down and choking recently, so I took it apart and put it back together again. Thanks for the great writeup, BTW. It would have taken me a while to figure out the tabs. I upgraded the software while I was at it and it's back to it's normal self again.
I'm thinking seriously about upgrading the HD now that I've been inside of it but not until I get the networking figured out so that it's fast and stable. I'd like to run a receiver in the bathroom upstairs but they seem to be quite rare.
Here's what I've been up to these past few months:

#252357 - 26/03/2005 18:46 Re: Blast from the past [Re: teknubic]
Micman2b
addict

Loc: Central, NC, USA
Quote:
Here's what I've been up to these past few months:

you have been watching your car get rained on?

Seriously though, welcome back... and nice car!!!

#252358 - 27/03/2005 03:11 Re: Blast from the past [Re: teknubic]
geeknerd

Welcome back. I wasn't around back then, but thanks to my purchase of a Central last year, I'm a semi-frequent poster.

If you are looking for a rio receiver, there are usually some on ebay and can be had for somewhere between 50 - 100$.

What is your network issue? I haven't had any problems with Central and I'm not even using an officially supported ethernet dongle.