Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#253565 - 06/04/2005 18:42 Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise)
belezeebub
addict

Okay Empeg is installed
Tuner is working (don't use it but its working)
Amp is amplifying
Sub is rattling windows and knocking little birdies out of their nests.
Flux capacitor is Fluxing
Just need door speakers now
I was bummed my local Infinity shop no longer carries Infinity, I ordered a Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC 12 off eBay and it works very well but seeing I am not into ripping my dash and doors apart I need suggestions on US availed 6.5 Door Speakers
I had the diamond s600 Hex (aluminum domes) in my last car and they were a Bit too bright for my tastes, I don’t really like the MB quartz for the same reason and Infinity I would have to install my self (I would cut the wholes crocked I am sure)

Looking for suggestions in the 400 or so a pair range
I like Silk domes better then the more popular Aluminum domes)

Infinity Kappa Perfect (never heard them not sold anywhere with in 50 miles of me)
Focal (heard about then never owned a set)
MB Quarts (Way too bright for my taste)
Diamond Audio (a bit too bright but expectable)
Alpine???
Kenwood???
Phoenix Gold (Didn’t even know they made door speakers)
Pioneer???
???
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#253566 - 07/04/2005 06:14 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: belezeebub]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
No idea if they're available to you locally, but I'd at least suggest adding DLS to the list of possibles.

#253567 - 08/04/2005 15:57 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: mtempsch]
belezeebub
addict

Went on the web site for them they seem ok but a bit shy on review or side my side (can't find them around here ether) anyone else have any input ?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#253568 - 08/04/2005 17:57 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: belezeebub]
Redrum
old hand

I got 6.5" Infinity Kappa's. Not the Perfects but one price notch lower. They put out an excellent sound but as many of the reviews say they really start cutting out around 400-500 Hz. If you try to drive them lower they sound like hell. I’ve got a 12” Infinity Kappa Perfect sub and the crossover seems to work for me.

#253569 - 08/04/2005 20:06 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: Redrum]
belezeebub
addict

??? very confused I just searched on Google and after the reading the first 4 pages of links I can't find a single one where they talk about the woofers cutting out below 400Hz

Quote:
I got 6.5" Infinity Kappa's. Not the Perfects but one price notch lower. They put out an excellent sound but as many of the reviews say they really start cutting out around 400-500 Hz. If you try to drive them lower they sound like hell. I’ve got a 12” Infinity Kappa Perfect sub and the crossover seems to work for me.

#253570 - 10/04/2005 17:41 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: belezeebub]
PearlSC2
new poster

Would highly recommend the Focal, I have a full Focal competiton system in my vehicle and the sound quality is phenomenal, the only catch is it needs to be powered by a high quality amplifier to get the best sound. My brother has a set he runs off his deck that doesn't sound too bad, but an amp is necessary if your going for sound quality, I have the Access line in my car which is there lower end line that should easily fall into your budget, upgrade if possible to maybe polyglass if the budget allows you to do so.

#253571 - 11/04/2005 13:38 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: belezeebub]
Redrum
old hand

The Kappa 6.5' commponents are the ones that cut out below 400 HZ (in my car). After all, they aren't subs so it works for me. My 12" Kappa Perfect sub works great and seems to cross over to fit in nicely with the 6.5" Kappa's. I'm happy with both.

Got some useful info. here...

http://www.carreview.com/Speakers/PLS_1805_730_50crx.aspx

#253572 - 11/04/2005 15:13 Re: Speakers (I need the Boys to make the noise) [Re: belezeebub]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
A: No

Q: Should I top-post?