Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#256152 - 13/05/2005 18:52 Could possibly be going mad....
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
I've looked through a collection of recordings on my empeg that I've not listened to for a while and I'm convinced some of them have disappeared. The files in question have the date they were recorded in the filename and their position tag was set according to their dates (ie the first recorded is the first in the list), now when I look at the list there seems to be a gap of several weeks (the recordings were weekly) but the position tag is still sequential, there are no gaps. Now i realise a dying HD could result in a file disappearing, but surely the gap would appear in the position numbering.

This is all in Jemplode as I have no Windows machine at the moment.

Andy M

#256153 - 13/05/2005 19:47 Re: Could possibly be going mad.... [Re: andym]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
OMG how are you going to manage without all those 3 year old Bob Harris Country Radio 2 recordings?

Although I have very little room for piss take myself, I'm 27. sat at home alone on a friday evening listening to this.

Oh Dear

Cris.

#256154 - 13/05/2005 19:58 Re: Could possibly be going mad.... [Re: andym]
Mataglap
enthusiast

Is there any chance that the event/show took a week off or something for a holiday or the summer?

--Nathan

#256155 - 13/05/2005 20:17 Re: Could possibly be going mad.... [Re: Cris]
andym
carpal tunnel

Oh dear..... Is that what get up to when Nicola isn't around?

EDIT: Aren't you confusing me with Godfrey? I've never listened to Bob Harris country, even when it was part of my job description.

Andy M

#256156 - 13/05/2005 20:18 Re: Could possibly be going mad.... [Re: Mataglap]
andym
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Is there any chance that the event/show took a week off or something for a holiday or the summer?

--Nathan

By my calculations the gap is 6 weeks, it's highly possible I could've missed the odd one or two but 6 weeks is a long time.

Andy M

#256157 - 21/05/2005 12:26 Re: Could possibly be going mad.... [Re: andym]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Quote:

EDIT: Aren't you confusing me with Godfrey? I've never listened to Bob Harris country, even when it was part of my job description.

Huh, I take a week off and already I'm being got at, I think the country show just seems to get more tedious, I wish he wouldn't interview interminable minor new country people, who all, for some reason, talk through their noses and support causes, sincerely.
Now the beeb have given him friday and saturday night, I just plump for midnight friday, when he plays a lot of classics and some new stuff.
I reserve the Revox for Henry Ayrton on Radio Humberside, I can't get it in digital, only from North Yorkshire radio, that's the best, most informative programme on my type of music on the air, I'm campaigning to have it put on radio player and not just the stream.
2 points on your problem:
a. Always keep a back up, my entire collection is at a friends in Otley, safe from fire and theft.
b. At my age, you get quite used to finding you've erased stuff you meant to keep, at yours it can't possibly explain what's happened!