Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#256296 - 25/05/2006 20:40 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Quote:
Don't forget the special C37 lacquer. That might cost some big money.

So after spending 50 grand on your audiophile loud speakers, they want you to coat them in lacquer??

I can accept some of the audiophile science. One of the guys at work has a set of Meridian DSP33 tops and DM5500 sub in his office at the moment. I can't deny that the sound is amazing, and there's some good science behind that including a very low noise floor due to the system being digital to within a few inches of the drivers. The major differentiating factor from a cheaper system is that each and every driver has been DSP calibrated to compensate for non linearities caused by manufacturing variance. Getting each driver perfectly matched in phase and amplitude across its full band leads to very impressive sound reproduction.

And then some tosser wants you to paint a bunch of shite all over the cones, totally screwing up the calibration.

Riiiight.

I think I'm going to have to market the resonant anal cavity damper that I came up with. It heightens the listening experience by a factor of 2.4 by damping out intrusive anal cavity resonance, and at $649 I believe it offers tremendous value to the descerning audiophile.

Attachments
282122-resonantdamper.jpg (135 downloads)

#256297 - 25/05/2006 20:52 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I think the sellers of these "audiophile" things are in a contest to see who can sell the most ridiculous item.

Matt

#256298 - 25/05/2006 21:00 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
g_attrill
old hand

Loc: Hants, UK
Ah yes, I saw that knob linked from this list of audiophile gadgets:

http://www.ilikejam.dsl.pipex.com/audiophile.htm

What amuses me is the descriptions in the reviews describing that a POWER CABLE "dramatically improves the immediacy of a transient’s inception, allowing for an incredible expanse of harmonic information and musical envelopment to follow"

Gareth

#256299 - 26/05/2006 17:33 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: g_attrill]
BAKup
addict

Loc: Houston, TX
Quote:
Ah yes, I saw that knob linked from this list of audiophile gadgets:

http://www.ilikejam.dsl.pipex.com/audiophile.htm

What amuses me is the descriptions in the reviews describing that a POWER CABLE "dramatically improves the immediacy of a transient’s inception, allowing for an incredible expanse of harmonic information and musical envelopment to follow"

Gareth

Oh, even better was this quote from that site about those power cables.

Apparently the miles of lowly aluminium high voltage lines that brought your power to your house are of no consequence.

PT Barnum was an optimist.

#256300 - 28/02/2007 20:49 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
BAKup
addict

Loc: Houston, TX
Yet again, I bring this thread from the dead.

This can not be real, I keep telling myself this, but somehow I feel it's true:

http://www.cableburner.com/index.htm

A cable burn-in service, so your sound will be better since your cables must be burned in.

#256301 - 28/02/2007 20:57 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Let me get this straight. Some audiophiles will use rare metals or excessively thick connection cables to get the least amount of loss or resistance, thus "improving" their sound. Yet this company caters to those audiophiles who want their cables deliberately *degraded* by usage.

Sigh.

#256302 - 01/03/2007 20:37 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Quote:

http://www.cableburner.com/index.htm

Ha. I actually sent them an email, thanking them for brightening my day and giving me a good laugh.

tanstaafl.

#256303 - 01/03/2007 23:56 Re: good audiophile board for selling stuff? [Re: BAKup]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Quote:
... A cable burn-in service, so your sound will be better since your cables must be burned in.

"WE ALSO SELL BRAND NEW CABLES. FULL BURN-IN AT NO EXTRA CHARGE."

The old "quick format" con, I bet.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2