Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#265960 - 24/09/2005 17:48 Dead Rio Central for sale, possible Mk I, II, IIa
crocklobster

Hi all. I'm finally trying to clear out some excess equipment. I used to love my Rio Central, but it recently stopped working. I'm ready to toss it, but someone mentioned there are only a couple of hundred of these things in existence, so I figured I'd post this first.

First thing is even though it's not working, I'd have to get enough to make it worth even packing it for shipping. I'd say a minimum of $150. That may seem like a lot for a dead Central, but it's much easier and cheaper for me to toss it.

As far as what's wrong with it, I don't really know. I tried replacing the drive and IDE cable, no love. When it stopped working I realized it was extremely hot underneath it, because it was sitting on top of my amp. So my technical assumption is "something's cooked". Can it be fixed? I have no idea and at this point don't even want to deal with it.

I'm not sure I'm ready to sell my empegs, but I wanted to see the level of interest in them. I have one each of a MK1 (serial # 42), MK II, and MK IIa. One unit is at work but the unit that I have in front of me is serial 040104100, it's Rio branded.

On either the MK II or IIa the push button part of the knob doesn't work, I believe turning it works though, I'd have to check. I have sleds, power adapters, and remotes for each. I have at least one tuner and colored faceplates for one of them.

Other than the pushbutton knob on one of them, they all work great. I'm sure they're at various levels of software rev / hijack version. Software / content-wise they come as is. Support is found through the community.

Feel free to make an offer for the whole lot. It'd probably have to be $1K tho. Even at that level someone could probably resell the units for a small profit.

I'd be shipping from MA in the US.

Chris

#265961 - 24/09/2005 20:08 Re: Dead Rio Central for sale, possible Mk I, II, IIa [Re: crocklobster]
jaytothez20
new poster

Loc: Nebraska
I was wondering if you'd be willing to sell just one of the units for sale? I am interested in either the mkII or the mkIIa. Let me know...

Jason

#265962 - 25/09/2005 04:05 Re: Dead Rio Central for sale, possible Mk I, II, IIa [Re: crocklobster]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
PM Sent about Central....

Thanks, Randy

#265963 - 13/10/2005 13:29 Re: Dead Rio Central for sale, possible Mk I, II, IIa [Re: crocklobster]
brax

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I was wanting to know if you still had the Mk1? If so how much would you let go for?