Anyone know anything about Borland's ECO?

Here's the background on why I'm asking: the company I am working for is full of Delphi developers but is moving everything to C#. I was hired as a C# developer and am one of two on staff with any experience in C#. Delphi 2005 (and the next, soon to be released version) now support C#, so one of the big questions is whether to use the new version of Delphi or vs.net. This, of course, is a raging debate, fueled somewhat by management's notion of Delphi being an "inferior product", which it most definitely is not.

I am a HUGE Borland fan and have always loved their software tools. However, I recognize that it is easier to find people with experience in VS and that Delphi tends to get strange looks, however great a tool it is. It used to be that Delphi held a large advantage over M$ tools, but now that edge isn't so great. So I am somewhat leaning toward VS, not because I like the tool better, but because it's not bad and it'll be easier to find people experienced with C# who are comfortable with VS.

As many will argue, though, C# is C# is C#, and the development environment is just the tool. That is a good point, and must be considered.

One real issue comes down to ECO, a tool Borland has created for developing UML diagrams and then generating business classes as well as persistant data structures from these diagrams. And that doesn't quite to it justice. It is amazing the amount of business logic you can diagram and let the tool handle for you. This tool, however, is only available if we go with Delphi.

I have 3 fears with ECO:
1. It creates the database for you, but doesn't seem to put constraints on the data. I am uncomfortable having a database without integrity constriaints, and going back and doing it after it is automatically generated seems to defeate the purpose. If it DOES create the constraints and I am unaware of this, then that would be a big plus.

2. It creates another tool in the process that we have to learn. Not only that, but once we've developed with it, any new developer is going to have to come up to speed and that is a drawback. A similar issue is that this absolutuely prohibits development with vs.net, the tool of choice for writing C#. I'm not sure how big a deal that is, but down the road when we want to bring on new C# developers, is not using vs.net going to be an issue in getting the best developers on board? No matter what, dependence on yet another tool has some negative aspects that make me uncomfortable.

3. I am a little uncomfortable with code generation tools. That being said, Delphi itself has been a code generation tool and has done very well, creating understandable code that I've always been able to explore and pick apart to my own satisfaction. So Borland does have a solid track record in this regard (with me at least).

So, does anyone have any experience with ECO. Or does anyone have any experience with a comperable products, especially one for vs.net? I have looked and not found much that is as powerful as ECO, but I'm not just going to take the other developers word for it that ECO is the best.