Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#26882 - 18/02/2001 09:24 BMW 5 E34 installation hint
thnielsen
new poster

After struggling looong time, and getting a lot of damage to my hands, I came across a way to get the dock unit to fit in the radio slot of the car.
Problem is, that the aircon is fitted just behind the radio slot, leaving very little space for all the wires, that comes with the dock, and I never wanted just to push it in using force. After a while, I realized, that I had to get my hands in behing the radio while pushing the dock in, and pull/arrange the wires as they came in. So which way to get in? Studying the interior a bit revealed, that the ventilation outlet at the top of the dash, also allows you to access the back/side of the radio slot, and vupti, nicely mounted suddenly, wires arranged, pressing the mount tabs, and an even happyer empeg owner.

#26883 - 18/02/2001 10:55 Re: BMW 5 E34 installation hint [Re: thnielsen]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hey, cool, glad you got it going. I'm sure that some BMW owners will need this information.

How about some photos of your finished installation?

#26884 - 18/02/2001 11:11 Re: BMW 5 E34 installation hint [Re: tfabris]
thnielsen
new poster

Will try and get hold of a digital camera some day and upload a few. Looks really good (I have to say, it is my car after all ;-)