Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#270411 - 22/11/2005 23:56 Create favourites directory in car
guillotine
new poster

Is there a way to click a button on the remote and add a track to a 'favourites folder/playlist?
I know you can mark a track for later attention, but I'd like to put my player on random play all and be able to hit 'add to - destination folder' for any song that i think needs including in a certain compilation.

Also uselful would be a 'don't play again in random mode if played less than <adjustable> songs ago.
Often if you have a fairly short playlist on random, it will play the same song a few times before you hear every song in the list

#270412 - 23/11/2005 00:24 Re: Create favourites directory in car [Re: guillotine]
Robotic
pooh-bah

Loc: Seattle transplant
I like the idea of an 'add to favorites' option- and the 'hide from parent' option, too.

As far as I know, though, in 'random mode', 'play once' the playlist should play everything one time. Perhaps you have 'repeat' or 'repeat once' selected?
Well, that's how I think it's supposed to work, anyway.

#270413 - 23/11/2005 02:15 Re: Create favourites directory in car [Re: guillotine]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
Not exactly what you want but if your listenen to your favorites playlist and remember a song you want to listen to just hit the menu button and go through til you find the song and press and hold the menu button and you should get a few options like insert append replace etc.. and that will add it to your current playlist.. as for the hide from parent bit I believe thats where the wendy filters come into play, though ive never had any luck with them cause I wanted to hide entire playlists not specific tracks and my understanding is it cant do that...
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#270414 - 23/11/2005 03:21 Re: Create favourites directory in car [Re: guillotine]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
You could create a custom sort fuction with marked tracks first, then just mark your favorites. That's about the only option I can think of.

Matthew

#270415 - 23/11/2005 15:48 Re: Create favourites directory in car [Re: guillotine]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Also uselful would be a 'don't play again in random mode if played less than <adjustable> songs ago.
Often if you have a fairly short playlist on random, it will play the same song a few times before you hear every song in the list

That's not true. The only way that could happen is if you have a track multiple times in that playlist, or if you reload the playlist halfway through and you're using the standard random shuffle.

Removing any duplicates from your playlist, and using the 'least recently played first' shuffle will deal with both of these scenarios.

#270416 - 23/11/2005 16:23 Re: Create favourites directory in car [Re: guillotine]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
hit 'add to - destination folder' for any song that i think needs including in a certain compilation.

Emphatic allows voting on songs. You could use that feature for the sort of thing you're looking for. Vote different levels for each thing you want to do.

I believe it stores the votes in the "Times Skipped" field if I recall correctly. They ended up never using this field for anything. So TonyC is using that field for Emphatic voting. So you could go into emplode after the fact and sort on Times Skipped.

At least I think that's how it works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:

This can be done. There is a set of weighted shuffle modes that are customizable via config-ini edits. For starters, try shuffling by Least Recently Played and see if that takes care of your problem.

#270417 - 08/12/2005 09:51 Re: Create favourites directory in car [Re: matthew_k]
Shonky
pooh-bah

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
You could create a custom sort fuction with marked tracks first, then just mark your favorites. That's about the only option I can think of.

Like this:
http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=empeg_general&Number=168976
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)