Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#270547 - 24/11/2005 14:56 US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something.
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I have a request for some of the videophiles out there in the US. I am not really a video person - I barely ever used a VCR and have no interest in DVR for my own use. But I need to capture a specific program, do some video editing and burn to DVD. I just need to get the source into the digital realm.

I would like to ask for a volunteer or two that can do a digital capture (at the highest quality settings possible) of the show and provide me with an mpeg output file. I will do all of the editing and mastering here.

The show is a Food Network Special for baking Christmas Cookies. My brother's wife was one of the winners, so she is one of the home bakers featured in this show. I would like to get a very clean copy of it, edit it into a nice DVD package and make copies so she can show it to her family and friends. This one is time sensitive, in that I would like to get the raw input as quickly as possible after the show, so I have time to edit at my convenience.

Please send me a PM or email if you are interested and have the ability to easily get a copy of this. I am just being lazy in that it is easier to ask people who have the equipment already in place and working for help rather than to select, acquire and learn to use the equipment for what is likely a one time request. Thanks!

#270548 - 24/11/2005 15:39 Re: US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something. [Re: pgrzelak]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
Quote:
Greetings!

I have a request for some of the videophiles out there in the US. I am not really a video person - I barely ever used a VCR and have no interest in DVR for my own use. But I need to capture a specific program, do some video editing and burn to DVD. I just need to get the source into the digital realm.

I would like to ask for a volunteer or two that can do a digital capture (at the highest quality settings possible) of the show and provide me with an mpeg output file. I will do all of the editing and mastering here.

The show is a Food Network Special for baking Christmas Cookies. My brother's wife was one of the winners, so she is one of the home bakers featured in this show. I would like to get a very clean copy of it, edit it into a nice DVD package and make copies so she can show it to her family and friends. This one is time sensitive, in that I would like to get the raw input as quickly as possible after the show, so I have time to edit at my convenience.

Please send me a PM or email if you are interested and have the ability to easily get a copy of this. I am just being lazy in that it is easier to ask people who have the equipment already in place and working for help rather than to select, acquire and learn to use the equipment for what is likely a one time request. Thanks!

Is the video quality from the TiVo DVD recorder at max resolution good enough? (e.g. would a video DVD work)

#270549 - 24/11/2005 15:41 Re: US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something. [Re: pgrzelak]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Sure, I can be one of the people. It'll be a ReplayTV formatted mpg, I can send you one with the comercials clipped automatically and one with the whole thing. The only thing is that I can't set up the recording while I'm visiting my parents, so remind me next week.

Matthew

#270550 - 24/11/2005 16:38 Re: US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something. [Re: Daria]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Greetings!

That would work fine. Thanks!

#270551 - 24/11/2005 16:39 Re: US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something. [Re: matthew_k]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Greetings!

Thanks! I will bump this post up and remind folks before the show airs. (A somewhat archaic term these days, but effective...)

#270552 - 24/11/2005 16:44 Re: US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something. [Re: pgrzelak]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I can pull the MPEG2 stream straight from DirecTV onto my Tivo and transfer to a DVD. No extra D-A-D conversions. It's very easy as long as I know when to record the show.

#270553 - 24/11/2005 20:27 Re: US DVR Request: I need a few people to capture something. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

That will be great! Thanks!

I currently have three volunteers. That should be enough. I just wanted to be redundantly covered, just in case something should go wrong.

Thanks again!!!