Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#273428 - 03/01/2006 17:45 Older versions of Emplode?
smurdon
new poster

Where can I download older versions of Emplode? I installed the latest version on my Windows 2000 Server box and I am trying to connect to my Empeg -- which I haven't done in YEARS. I get the "operation completed successfully" error message when it tries to access the "unknown USB device".

So, I am thinking that I have a newer version of Emplode trying to connect an older version of the empeg server software.

Also, where can I get a replacement RS232 cable? I can't seem to find mine. Is this a standard type of cable?

Thanks,

-Dwayne

#273429 - 03/01/2006 19:25 Re: Older versions of Emplode? [Re: smurdon]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The version of Emplode you should be using, just to be clear, is 2.0 final. That should also be the version of firmware on your car player (check it from the About menu), and if it's not, that could be the root of your problem.

The USB conneciton issue might simply be this, except that the older USB driver should in theory work on win2k. Worth a shot to install the new driver.

The RS-232 cable absolutely MUST BE a 9-pin null-modem cable. Not a straight-through cable. That's what you should be asking for as you phone up computer stores.