Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#274436 - 15/01/2006 20:00 anybody using Rhapsody
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
I subscribe to Rhapsody and just learned that the site allows one to download musis - rather than just burn it on a CD - but there seems to be some DRM issues i cant figure out as the one song i downloaded is not permissioned to be uploaded to my Rio...so....has anybody ever tried to use this service in this manner?

tks

Ed

#274437 - 15/01/2006 20:39 Re: anybody using Rhapsody [Re: edsmiata]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I imagine that the tracks you downloaded are encumbered with some sort of DRM, as you say. The Rhapsody site doesn't even say what format those tracks are in, much less what kind of DRM is used, but it doesn't make a lot of difference, as the empeg supports no DRM. You'll have to figure out some way to remove the DRM from those tracks (probably not likely without reencoding and losing some audio quality) or get those tracks in another, unencumbered form.

#274438 - 15/01/2006 22:40 Re: anybody using Rhapsody [Re: edsmiata]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, the empeg-car doesn't do DRM files. The easiest way to remove DRM is to burn an audio CD-R and then rip that CD. There are other ways, but they're more complicated.