Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#277201 - 10/03/2006 09:31 Electric Carving Knives
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
I've just been through a time warp to Victorian Britain and back: One of the consequences of being home all day, is that I, and in large measure the Spanish Wine Industry, get involved in my wife's lunchtime get togethers.
As I sat there the riveting phrase wafted over the table: "She left him because he started using an electric carving knife"......followed by: "And she didn't like the shape of his elbows", closely followed by "I couldn't respect a man that didn't do the carving": I slid lower and lower in my chair (Which happened to be a carver) as I've never carved anything, except wood.
Is it me, am I living in a parallel universe, or is this a fair point: The carving knife, not the elbows they are a side issue!?

#277202 - 10/03/2006 10:02 Re: Electric Carving Knives [Re: boxer]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I know know much about electric carving knifes, but I do know that I am a sad case when it comes to knives (for cooking) in general.

Whenever we go away to a cottage, Center Parcs etc I take half a dozen good knives, a £70 steel (which is actually ceramic) and a decent chopping board with me. Eryl bought me one of those fancy professional chef knife rolls for Christmas, so now I can really look the part

I can't stand blunt or crappy knifes...

#277203 - 10/03/2006 12:56 Re: Electric Carving Knives [Re: andy]
tahir
pooh-bah

Loc: London
Looks like you need to change your ways Boxer (or your wife )

I take my knives on holiday too, a selection of German and Japanese hardware.

#277204 - 10/03/2006 13:33 Re: Electric Carving Knives [Re: tahir]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
My wife's on my side, she doesn't want me near the kitchen, except on my Manx kipper breakfast day, when she can't stand the smell!

#277205 - 10/03/2006 15:18 Re: Electric Carving Knives [Re: boxer]
tahir
pooh-bah

Loc: London
Quote:
My wife's on my side

You never know, you should get your elbows checked at the very least