Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#277299 - 12/10/2006 14:04 Re: No hard disk found [Re: Roger]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to get that one working again because it has far more space than the replacement.

While I'm not suggesting that you leave the original player to rot, why not simply swap the drive trays over?

Because I want to still have one player that works for certain And because I just don't have the confidence to work on these things.

That said, I may ship the empeg with another drive. It currently has a 12gig and 100gig drive in there (12 is the original, of course), and I might ship it with another 100 or maybe just something a little smaller.

Thanks for the Eutronix tip. Like I said, I haven't paid any attention to this aspect of the player before...

#277300 - 12/10/2006 18:32 Re: No hard disk found [Re: JBjorgen]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Quote:
Eutronix (link at top of page) still does all the common Empeg repairs. Try them.

I have contacted Eutronix, and will most likely be sending them my player. But I have one last symptom that I ran across completely by accident. I was looking into attaining another AC adapter for my empeg, and looked on the wiki for specs. I noticed this on the bottom:

Quote:
Symptoms of an inadequate power supply are: ... Other symptoms are messages such as "Failed to unmask IDE" and "No hard disk found contact support".

I wouldn't think that was a possibility, but my Rio Car replacement gives me the battery indicator every time I turn my car on. Could my problem be with low voltage? I haven't tried powering my empeg at home since I got the Rio Car. I'll try that tonight.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3