Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#288026 - 09/10/2006 18:05 Stupid Jumper Question
joe187
journeyman

Loc: Massachusetts
Hi Everyone...

Forgive my idiocy. My Empeg stopped working - got the No Hard Drive Found warning. I took it out of my car and noticed a slight rattling. Upon opening it up I found the jumper had fallen off the drive selection jumper pins. I assume the jumper goes on the furthest drive to designate it as Drive 1, Drive 0 being closer on the ribbon cable to the main board connector. Is this correct? Also - is it cable select or do I have to ID the 1 and 0 drives implicitly? I believe there was only one jumper. These are 2 80 GB Fujitsu drives. There are 3 choices for jumper configs, drive o, drive 1, or cable select.

Thanks Everyone.

Joe

#288027 - 09/10/2006 18:40 Re: Stupid Jumper Question [Re: joe187]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
On my 2a the jumper goes on the drive at the end of the cable.

Andy M

#288028 - 09/10/2006 19:47 Re: Stupid Jumper Question [Re: joe187]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Cable Select doesn't work on the empeg if I remember correctly. I've never used it so chances are you only lost that one jumper.

Technically, Drive 0 should be at the end of the cable (read that here years ago) and Drive 1 should be on the slot closer to the board.

Just try it one way and see if it initiates a database rebuild (or, another indicator would be if the player boots up with an older version of the player software. Software updates only get applied to the Drive 0.). If it does, you put it on the wrong drive. Just unplug and try it the other way.