Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282120 - 27/05/2006 19:19 Mustang advice for the empeg
drakino
carpal tunnel

So with my move to Texas, I no longer have a need for a car that deals with the snow well, and can finally look at something like a Mustang as a daily driver. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going the truck with a gun rack route.

Right now, I'll likely be ordering a 2007 model, unless a 2006 can be found by the dealer matching exactly what I want. Stereo wise, both years seem to be about the same as far as options go. It's either a stock head unit, or the "Shaker 500" system that does have some sort of amplifier and extra speakers. The only difference is that the 2007 model will have an aux in jack for things like an iPod, and Sirius as an option.

So, does anyone have experience with the Shaker 500 system, and would it be workable with the empeg? Or should I go the stock stereo route, and have a shop tear it out and replace the speakers as well. My hope is that the Shaker 500 is salvageable, as to me it sounds fine. I know Mike (mcomb) here has a newer model Mustang, but it looks like he has his empeg routed into a Pioneer head unit. Crutchfield does show a wiring harness for the Mustang with the Shaker system, but isn't clear if a non amplified device like the empeg would work with it.

#334489 - 26/06/2010 02:28 Re: Mustang advice for the empeg [Re: drakino]
drakino
carpal tunnel

*bump*

Current plan now is to have Custom Sounds here in Austin rip all this CarPC crap out, and put the empeg in. Install should be pretty easy, since most of the unknowns with the Shaker system were addressed when the CarPC went in.

Anyone else out there with an 05-09 Mustang with an empeg install? And weird issues to look out for?