Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282303 - 31/05/2006 18:06 Wanted - complete/working/intact sled wiring loom
snoopstah
enthusiast

Loc: Squamish, BC
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a complete sled wiring loom to replace one I had to hack up when I first got my empeg due to having very limited install space in my car at that time (i.e. there simply wasn't room for that many wires!)

I bought two sleds, so I've got one fully-working one in my car at the moment, but the other is sitting in a box and is only partially useful. I'd like to make it fully useful again, and while I could solder it up, I'd rather avoid the third-degree burns and buy a working loom.

Anyone have anything suitable?

Since this seems to be questioned a fair bit currently, no, neither the sled nor the empeg is stolen. Here's a picture of the empeg in the working sled I have, which you can also find under my username in the installation forum:

Cheers,

Alexis.
Empeg Mk2a 128G with amber lit buttons kit - #30102490

PhotoVancouver | Squamish, BC Webcam | Personal Website

#282304 - 31/05/2006 18:11 Re: Wanted - complete/working/intact sled wiring loom [Re: snoopstah]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
to replace one I had to hack up when I first got my empeg

Too bad you cut the wires instead of just using a paper clip to remove the individual pins. You could have just snapped the pins back into place.

#282305 - 31/05/2006 18:18 Re: Wanted - complete/working/intact sled wiring loom [Re: tfabris]
snoopstah
enthusiast

Loc: Squamish, BC
The serial port was one of the thngs that had to go, which ISTR (my working sled is kinda buried under a dashboard) shares wires with other stuff. So even then it wouldn't have been ideal, although at least some of the missing functions could have been clipped back in. Thanks for that, Tony
Empeg Mk2a 128G with amber lit buttons kit - #30102490

PhotoVancouver | Squamish, BC Webcam | Personal Website

#282306 - 31/05/2006 18:20 Re: Wanted - complete/working/intact sled wiring loom [Re: tfabris]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Quote:
Quote:
to replace one I had to hack up when I first got my empeg

Too bad you cut the wires instead of just using a paper clip to remove the individual pins. You could have just snapped the pins back into place.

He can still replace the pins and the wiring without soldering. The pins are crimp-on, all parts you can get from Digi-Key as outlined in this Wiki article. Just remove the old pins with a paperclip, re-crimp some wire on the new pins, and insert them back into the dock. Use this wiring diagram to remake your connectors.