Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#284615 - 19/07/2006 22:31 Medianet/Rio Problem
redwing19
new poster

I have had a Rio for years and have finally decided to try something other than the stock software. I have gotten tRio/Riot to work but wanted to try Medianet. I have installed the service and configured it per the instructions on the home page. I am able to connect with the web interface. However, my Rio doesn't ever find the server. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Network is ok because it works with ARM and tRio.

#284616 - 20/07/2006 14:43 Re: Medianet/Rio Problem [Re: redwing19]
Jemmi

I have this occasionally. First, though, make sure that you have configured the medianet xml file with the IP address of the machine running Medianet. Then make sure that in the devices folder, you've edited the XML file under the RIO folder to ENABLE = yes (or something like that). Service must be stopped to edit these properly. Once these edits are made, restart the server. If you're running Windows XP and using a firewall, make sure that that the medianet executable is allowed to get through. Once those checks are all made and server is started, unplug your receivers for a few seconds and then plug them back in. Then power up the receiver. It SHOULD connect right away but sometimes I've found that I have to have the medianet server restarting as I am powering up the receivers.

If it doesn't connect, it should list and IP address and subnet on the receiver display. Make sure that the IP address shown is one that would appear on your network... meaning if the IP address shown is 169.194.5.7 or something like that but your DHCP server should be assigning IP's at 192.168.1.xxx then you have a network issue into the player. It will never find the Medianet server. If the IP addresses are fine, play with starting the receivers and medianet service. Sometimes when I'm messing with things it finds them instantly and other times it doesn't... But I can always get it to work

#284617 - 20/07/2006 17:56 Re: Medianet/Rio Problem [Re: Jemmi]
redwing19
new poster

Thanks for the reply! I have made the IP address change in meadianet.xml as well as enabled the Rio. I have made an exception for medianet.exe in the windows firewall as well as tried with it disabled. I'll try messing around with synchronizing the server/powering up the receiver. When the attempt to connect times out, the Rio shows the proper IP received from my router so I know it is connected to the network ok. Also, it has no problem loading the trio client from ARM when using trio but I really want to try medianet. I will mess with it some more. Any other suggestions?

#284618 - 20/07/2006 23:36 Re: Medianet/Rio Problem [Re: redwing19]
redwing19
new poster

Somehow got it to work! The only problem I am having now is the display on the Rio is difficult to read. Have tried both bold = y and n without much improvement. Any other way to make it more readable?

#284619 - 21/07/2006 08:17 Re: Medianet/Rio Problem [Re: redwing19]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I couldn't get the display to be readable when I tried Medianet the other week. It seems the guy coding it still has some work to do on that area.

I have gone back to tRio for the moment.

#284620 - 26/07/2006 11:11 Re: Medianet/Rio Problem [Re: andy]
happyhammer
new poster

corruption on the RIo display is due to the display settings on the server PC. Play around with that.