Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#288682 - 24/10/2006 15:43 buttons not responsive on player
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Recently i have had the experience that the buttons on the rio were not operative, i.e. i push the right button to skip to the next track and nothing happens and i push the top button to shut off and nothing happens...i had to slide the player out of the sled in order to reboot...

all is fine now, but maybe it was the songs i was playing at the time? would a bad upload/conversion cause this?

any thoughts?

Thanks....ed

#288683 - 24/10/2006 18:45 Re: buttons not responsive on player [Re: edsmiata]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, a bad track might cause the player to freeze up. How to fix it is here.

But if the track kept playing just fine and only the buttons stopped responding, then it's unlikely to be a bad track. Having the wrong version of the software was very specifically known to cause this at one point. There was a bug in I think it was 2.0 beta 11 or perhaps a bit earlier that caused this.

Hard disk trouble might also cause this.

Also look here.

There is also a chance you have a bad solder joint on the display board, or a bad cable connection between the display board and the motherboard.

Are you running any third-party software on the player?

#288684 - 25/10/2006 13:43 Re: buttons not responsive on player [Re: edsmiata]
Robotic
pooh-bah

Loc: Seattle transplant
I have button issues when I tighten the face mounting screws too much. The face then puts some side-load on a couple of the buttons and they don't respond normally (no press, press too much).
This doesn't sound like what you've got going on, though.

#288685 - 25/10/2006 15:09 Re: buttons not responsive on player [Re: tfabris]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
running the last version of software (whatever that is), no beta versions, and no third party software...

since that one time i havent had any problems....just figured id throw it out there to see if anybody else had this issue

also, within the past year i sent the play to eutronics for a 'tune-up' where they resoldered some bad connections....

hopefully wont happen again but ill keep all posted

thanks

ed