Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#296146 - 31/03/2007 17:29 SSR install planning
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
With the availability of the much appreciated remote display, I can start planning an install.

Personally I lean towards the permanent install, with a wireless link into the house. I'm in the process of designing an enclosure for the display that will complement the satin chrome bits in the cabin. I'm looking at a minimum size pod that will sit between the transmission tunnel and the bottom of the dash. The Empeg it's self was just too deep for that location.

The Empeg will most likely go behind the waterfall - where the amps are located. The downside is that it won't be easily accessible. What do you all say? If you don't fiddle with it on purpose, Is the Empeg too fiddly to have it buried away?

#296147 - 31/03/2007 21:57 Re: SSR install planning [Re: gbeer]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I wouldn't put it where I couldn't get to it. Maybe a place where you could get to it with a bit of trouble. But not too much trouble.

Remember that the thing with the wireless link is: If it goes to sleep, it can't link. If it doesn't go to sleep, it drains your battery. So you'll have to work that all out.