Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#300844 - 22/07/2007 15:55 Aux Volume...Again...maybe
corrigun
new poster

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Is there a way to have the volume set to a specific knob level when switching to AUX without using volume_boost? I know there are several topics covering something similar, but not exactly what I am looking for (at least not yet) The reason I would like to have this is as follows: I have 3250 watts running through my system and it is capable of deafening levels, and I like it loud. Recently I installed a phone kit and thanks to Marks beauty, I have it switching to AUX when a call comes in and the audio from the kit runs through the AUX input; beautiful!

What I DON'T want to happen is have the phone ring when I am cranking the volume from a music source, there is a real, albeit remote, opportunity to destroy something at that level...kind of like a major jitter error in a file sounding like the loudest modem you have ever heard.

On the other hand, I can be riding along with the volume level pretty much inaudible, and having it move to a preset level would be helpful there as well.

So is it possible to have the AUX input trigger be followed by a volume reduction/increase to a set volume KNOB level say -20dB? I don't need it to return to the previous volume after the ground has been lifted, I can twist the knob if I want to go back to 0 or if I want it quiet.

Can someone point me to the post I may have missed that covers this topic?

Thanks a ton in advance!

#300845 - 23/07/2007 15:47 Re: Aux Volume...Again...maybe [Re: corrigun]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What you describe does not exist in the current software, as far as I know. It's pretty specialized, and I think you're the only one who has requested anything like it so far.

This could be coded as part of the Hijack kernel if you so desired. It's open-source, and Mark accepts patches. Go for it.

#300846 - 24/07/2007 13:24 Re: Aux Volume...Again...maybe [Re: tfabris]
corrigun
new poster

Loc: Vancouver, WA
That is what I was thinking was the case...as far as programming, it is WAY out of my realm. Thanks for the reply Tony!