Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#30233 - 26/04/2001 14:43 Anyone REPLACE a drive yet?
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I have already added a secondary drive to my empeg and I am sure that by the end of summer, I will need to replace the primary 12GB drive with something bigger. Reading the FAQ, it seems pretty straight forward. Has anyone done this yet and are there any issues?

32GB (JUST UPGRADED!) Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com

#30234 - 26/04/2001 15:09 Re: Anyone REPLACE a drive yet? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
In reply to:

I have already added a secondary drive to my empeg and I am sure that by the end of summer, I will need to replace the primary 12GB drive with something bigger. Reading the FAQ, it seems pretty straight forward. Has anyone done this yet and are there any issues?

I think a bunch of us have.. it's fairly easy to do - in my case, I placed the second drive into empeg (note to empeg - this was on the mark1 - my warranty is still intact- thank-you-very-much:) (although not for long - anyone wanna offer me money for an 18gb drive?:) ), copied entire contents from drive-to-be-replaced onto second drive, then put the right drives back in place and was good to go..
-mark

...proud to have owned an Empeg since 00287

#30235 - 26/04/2001 18:39 Re: Anyone REPLACE a drive yet? [Re: dionysus]
DarkStorm
addict

Loc: Pompano Beach, Florida
Man what I would give to have 18g. I just got my Mark 1 and it's only got 4g.
Things are a little tight right now, I've got to get a sled first and a drive is second on my list.
If you still have it in about a month I might take it.

Steve