Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#309640 - 30/04/2008 18:09 Anyone with Firefox 1.5 on Debian?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm using this multibrowser appliance VM image (which is a Debian build of Linux) to verify that my web site renders properly on multiple browsers. I'm also using two versions of Windows and one version of Mac OS X, with about five different browsers between them.

All of them render my fonts properly as some variant of sans-serif, except for the Firefox 1.5 installation on that multibrowser appliance image. It puts in a really awful serif font instead. The other browsers on that same Linux installation all render the fonts correctly (or at least as best they can).

I know nothing about the way Linux nor firefox handle fonts, but my font string is "Verdana,Arial,Helv,Helvetica", and that Linux installation has a perfectly good Arial installed that Firefox is not using.

It could be a fluke of that particular image, but it's all I've got to test with at the moment. Anyone else with any linux build coupled with Firefox 1.5 get the same behavior when viewing?

#309641 - 30/04/2008 18:16 Re: Anyone with Firefox 1.5 on Debian? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Nevermind. Fixed it by putting copyrighted font names in quotes and adding sans-serif to the list.

Works on every other browser without quotes except firefox 1.5.

(Edit: Wasn't the quotes. It seems that installation of firefox is ignoring the copyright-named fonts and instead goes for the "sans-serif" thing that I added.