As a follow up to the announcement about the Amersfoort meet (on Sunday 27th May, don't forget ), I should mention food arrangements.

It's strictly DIY, and of course, you gets what yer pays for. However, we will be bringing some sandwiches and ice-cream for lunch, so if this is your bag, turn up with a hunger. We can picnic outside.

As an alternative, the hotel has got a hot and cold Sunday lunch buffet available for a quite reasonable Fl 27.50, i.e. about GBP 6.50. However, they cannot simply handle a bunch of hungry empeggers piling through the door expecting to be fed.

Hence, you can see it's important to give me an idea of how many people are turning up on the day, and how many want the hotel meal so that I can tell them how many they will need to serve. You need to tell me on or before Saturday 20th May so I can warn the hotel and also work out how many sandwhiches we have to prepare for the day so no-one's going to go hungry.

The day is going to end officially around 6 PM, and the previous occasion we all bailed out and went down to the local, truly excellent, Chinese restaurant for a slap-up and some beer. Unless anyone objects, this is the plan for this year also, with the possibility of an alternative choice of a relatively recent Pizzaria which is also very good (I can recommend the Quattro Formaggio, anyway )

Let me know! The contact address is: [email protected]

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015