Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#315834 - 03/11/2008 17:51 Re: DirecTV emailed me telling me my receiver will stop working [Re: robricc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Now THAT is a very useful little reference. Thanks!

#315840 - 03/11/2008 18:19 Re: DirecTV emailed me telling me my receiver will stop working [Re: robricc]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Wow. That's an oddly awkward and incomplete implementation.

#315841 - 03/11/2008 18:29 Re: DirecTV emailed me telling me my receiver will stop working [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
But having it *at all* on that device? Incredibly useful.

#315859 - 03/11/2008 23:44 Re: DirecTV emailed me telling me my receiver will stop working [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Yeah you are right I never have used wish lists and my Tivo would record the show on multiple channels if I got a season pass. I could live without that I guess but I want suggestions and no one else will do that it seems.

Matt

#316578 - 22/11/2008 06:39 Re: DirecTV emailed me telling me my receiver will stop working [Re: tfabris]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Originally Posted By: tfabris

But in any case, I'm certain that, on the *tivo*, I did not need to do a Wish List to get a given TV show on all its channels. I only needed a single Season Pass, and it would get all instances of that show no matter which channel.

Tony,

The only way to do what you want on the DirecTV DVR is to do a keyword search, the choose the "Autorecord" option that appears on the left of the results screen.

But, having said that, I'm 100% positive that a Season Pass on a TiVo box is tied to a specific channel. Setting up a Season Pass for a particular show on a particular channel will record all instances of that show on that particular channel only.

http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/technicalsupport/compatibilityhelp/Glossary_of_Terms.html Not a detailed reference, but still.

Keep in mind that when you go to the Now Playing list and open the folder for that show, you may find other instances of that show from other channels thrown in there. But, if you do, that's because the suggestions engine picked them up, and that's no guarantee that any episode on any other channel will always be recorded.

Now, it's possible that TiVo has modified this behavior in some recent release for the standalones. But it's definitely the way Season Passes have always worked on the DirecTV boxes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2