Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#319224 - 12/02/2009 21:20 Still Rockin'
mpelaz
journeyman

Hi guys,

It's been more 8 years when I bought my MkIIa, one of the latests sold, and it is still my favourite toy, and a surprise for new passengers in my car when I turn on the key and it shows its wake up animation. It has been monted on my old Seat Ibiza and then in my actual Seat Leon '02, together with a 75x4w amp and pcats tuner kit and still with a 6 year old 40Gb HDD which never failed. Near 400.000km together, which are lots of hours listening to it. From -20ºC in Alps to 50ºC of direct sun inside the car in the spanish summer.
Once a year I have a look at this site looking for some new stuff, now I'm uploading last hijack and some new tunes for this weekend trip.
The best, longest-live and more resistant gadget I ever had. And its sound is even now one of the best I can hear.
I think I'm going to write such as this post once every 8 years!

Cheers,
Miguel
Spain

#319249 - 13/02/2009 08:27 Re: Still Rockin' [Re: mpelaz]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I had a funny one this week. My Bristol has it's original sound system from the previous owner, who happens to have made his original money as the co-founder of a rather successful company that was originally in the music business but has since become a rather well-known global brand. For that reason I have wanted to keep the sound system original, with the only change being the addition of the empeg along with the original casette radio.

Every 5 years or so the Bristol goes back to Bristol Car Services in London for the Bristol Magic I can't deal with myself. So this time they suggested I upgrade the "very much early 90's" (their words) sound system - so i told them what the empeg was and asked if they could match that, and was told "You have a point, Sir!".

#319250 - 13/02/2009 09:14 Re: Still Rockin' [Re: julf]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Originally Posted By: julf
My Bristol has it's original sound system from the previous owner, who happens to have made his original money as the co-founder of a rather successful company that was originally in the music business but has since become a rather well-known global brand.

I'm imagining a man with a gingery beard.

#319284 - 14/02/2009 08:41 Re: Still Rockin' [Re: andy]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: andy
I'm imagining a man with a gingery beard.

Close, very close, but...

I should have added "but it's not the man with the gingery beard" smile