Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32534 - 12/06/2001 04:35 found matching song
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
don't know about anyone else, but i have alot of covers on my empeg. what would be nice, any sounds pretty easy to throw in is this...a button to swap in matching song titles. we already have buttons to swap in matching artists, albums, etc. this way, when a cover comes on, you immediatly swap in the original, or vice versa. i would think it would be pretty easy to do since the real code has already been written for a very similar situation.

any thoughts?

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#32535 - 12/06/2001 08:52 Re: found matching song [Re: jstrain]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
Maybe that's what the "Title" button on the new remote is for? V1.1?

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#32536 - 12/06/2001 08:57 Re: found matching song [Re: Dearing]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Actually, we were planning on having those buttons provide a quick way to a particular search screen - i.e. you press Search, then Artist to get to the Artist search screen.

The others (Artist, Source, etc.) still do "find matching". Title doesn't currently. I suggested this a few weeks ago to Peter and Hugo, and we'll hopefully get around to coding it up properly -- i.e. using a distance function or something.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#32537 - 12/06/2001 17:29 Re: found matching song [Re: Roger]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Would it be possible to have this as a 'dual-mode' button? ie. when in now/next info display, pressing the search button starts a search screen for that function; when in visual display, the search function acts as it does now.

I'm not sure how clear that is but I know what I'm talking about

basically it would be good to have the best of both worlds, determined by what display mode you have on.

Murray 06000047
I don't think, therefore I am not.